I always bake a cake for my Active Birth Workshops but in the past year I have had to restrict my diet due to health reasons so my choice of baking treats that I can also enjoy has been somewhat limited.
I created these coconut macaroons based on an almond macaroon recipe with some alterations.
Makes 16 small macaroons
150g desiccated coconut or coconut flour
150g caster sugar (granulated will do)
1-2 egg whites
- Heat Oven to Gas Mark 4 and line or grease a baking tin.
- Mix all the ingredients together until it forms a loose paste. If the mixture is still really dry you can add a little more egg white, or a bit of water to help bind it.
- Squeeze the mixture into balls about the size of a large walnut. Having wet hands helps.
- Place the balls on the tin, slightly flatten.
- Bake for about 10-15 mins until golden brown.